“Galmont Legal provides real, personal attention and actively works to advance my career and goals. They know my background, my skills and the specialized legal work I can do, which makes them very good at finding corporations and projects that align to my abilities and schedule.”
– Labor and Employment Law
– Corporate Law
– Real Estate Law
Areas of Concentration
– Federal and state employment litigation: appeals and class-action defense
– Drafting and reviewing employment policies, agreements and procedures and training
– Oversight of large-scale projects, such as reductions-in-force (RIFs), compliance training and investigations
– Americans with Disabilities Act (Title III) public accommodations compliance and litigation
– McDonald’s Corporation, Senior Labor & Employment Counsel
– Kelly, Olson, Michod & Siepker – Partner
– Kantor & Apter, Ltd – Associate
– McConnell & Ruberry – Associate
Education & Achievements
– J.D., University of Illinois College of Law
– First woman to be selected as partner of the Kelly, Olson, Michod & Siepker law firm
Jill Dougherty is that rare combination of lawyer who enjoys the big stage of litigation and trial work as much as she enjoys the behind the scenes work of drafting the employment policies and training programs that support sound labor practices. A labor and employment lawyer serving global corporations for nearly two decades, Jill’s legal background includes first-chair trial experience, state and federal appeals, class-action defense, e-discovery, litigation management, large-scale project management, reductions-in-force (RIFs) and investigations.
Over her career, Jill has successfully litigated and resolved federal and state lawsuits and charges involving all types of employment discrimination, including disability, age, equal rights and equal pay. Her 100% record of success winning summary judgment or dismissal of claims brought against the corporation by franchisee employees speaks to her exceptional skills in litigation, negotiation, communication and research.
As a former law firm partner and senior counsel for a multibillion dollar food franchise, Jill has a broad-based foundation of legal knowledge in all areas impacting the employment relationship, including Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA and LMRA. Her comprehensive understanding of franchise operations and large-scale retail operations has made her a strategic legal asset to businesses navigating the complexities of business operations that span diverse geographies and jurisdictions.