“As someone who is very self motivated and disciplined, I love the flexibility and variety that comes with my Galmont Legal career. I have autonomy in my work and schedule as well as the opportunity to work with leading global companies.”
– General Corporate Law
– Technology and Intellectual Property Law
– Copyright Law
– Trademark Law
– Internet Law
– Technology Law
Areas of Concentration
– Software licensing & purchase
– Hardware licensing & purchase
– Corporate transactions – mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
– Drafting and negotiating electronic commerce, professional services, maintenance, marketing, and transfer agreements
– JPMorgan Chase & Co – Assistant General Counsel and Vice President, Technology, Sourcing and Intellectual Property
– Wildman, Harrold, Allen & Dixon – Associate, Intellectual Property Group
– Gardner, Carton & Douglas – Associate, Intellectual Property Department
Education & Achievements
– J.D., University of Illinois College of Law
– Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology – Wheaton College
– Bachelor of Arts in Rhetoric/English – University of Illinois
– Profiled as one of 24 Chinese American female leaders in the Chicagoland area: 2005 edition of Leadership and Culture
With a father who is an engineer, a mother who is a programmer and several years of technical writing experience, it’s no surprise that Jennifer Hua’s legal passions incline to technology. Throughout her distinguished legal career, which now spans more than a decade, she has held key leadership roles in the technology and legal divisions of both global corporations and prestigious law firms. Jennifer’s keen understanding of both intellectual property and the business of technology has made her a sought-after legal consultant.
Jennifer is a legal expert having negotiated and drafted hundreds of software and hardware licensing, purchase and maintenance agreements. Having a background working within corporate law departments and at top law firms has helped to shape Jennifer into a highly adaptable lawyer. She is equally comfortable serving as an advisor to c-level executives on their technology-enabled business endeavors as she is supporting legal teams in document review and discovery work.
In addition to her Juris Doctorate, Jennifer also earned her Master’s in Clinical Psychology from Wheaton College. A committed member of the Chicago community where she lives and works, Jennifer has served as a therapist at the Outreach Community Counseling Center and within her church.